Translate

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 10, 2012

Ode to Barbara Cheatley's

If ever a store, of all places, could hold memories then Barbara Cheatley's would be that store for me, and all the ladies in my family. I find myself clear up here in Utah getting home sick for the store. Every so often my mom will bring me the most beautifully wrapped treat from Barbara's (much like she did today) and I get all giddy with excitement.
We grew up not far from Claremont California and were raised making frequent visits to its quaint down town streets lined with trees, bakeries, restaurants, and specialty shops. Among the little shops is Barbara Cheatley's. From books to bracelets, Ribbons to rubber stamps. It holds all sorts of pretty precious treasures.
Easter Display

Perhaps one of our most anticipated times of year is when Barbara Cheatley's would close down for a few days after Thanksgiving in order to transform the store into a Christmas feast for the eyes. If you are in the Claremont, California area stop in and have some lunch at Walter's restaurant, grab a little dessert from the bakery down the street, walk around, and don't forget to visit Barbara Cheatley's for me. Then don't be surprised if you find that you have fallen in love with its sweet "shop around the corner" feel.
Christmas Display
Barbara Cheatley's
(909)621-4161
215 Yale Avenue
Claremont, CA

1 comment: