Translate

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 3, 2012

Thai Pineapple Chicken Curry


My husband and I have a favorite Thai restaurant in town and among their most delicious dishes is Pineapple Curry. After much researching and tweaking I came up with the near perfect replica to the restaurant style Pineapple Curry and I thought I would share it with all of you.

Thai Pineapple Chicken Curry

Ingredients

  • 2 cups uncooked rice (I use calrose or jasmine)
  • 4 cup water (for my high altitude friends....I usually add an extra 1/4 cup of water)
  • 1 teaspoon - 3 Tablespoons red curry paste  (start with 1 tsp and work up from there until you reach desired spiciness)
  • 2 tsp yellow curry powder
  • 2 (13.5 ounce) cans coconut milk
  • 2 skinless, boneless Chicken breast halves - cut into thin strips
  • 2-3 tablespoons fish sauce (my husband prefers less...I prefer more)
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups sliced bamboo shoots, drained
  • 1 can baby corn
  • 1/2 green bell pepper, julienned
  • 1/2 small onion,thinly sliced
  • 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained

Directions

  1. Bring rice and water to a boil in a pot. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 25 minutes.
  2. In a bowl, whisk together curry paste, curry powder, fish sauce, sugar and  coconut milk. This is the time to test the spice level of the sauce and add more curry paste if necessary. Transfer to a large frying pan, and mix in chicken, baby corn and bamboo shoots. Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium head and cook 15 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.
  3. Add green bell pepper, and onion into the pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer until peppers are tender. Remove from heat, and stir in pineapple. Serve over the cooked rice. 
 Bon Apetit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment