Translate

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Oh, Christmas Tree

In November I was asked by a local bookstore to decorate a 12 foot Christmas tree located at their flagship store in Downtown Salt Lake city. I was thrilled for the opportunity! The theme that they gave me to work with was "Picture a Christmas". I took that theme and applied with a Pioneer/Colonial feel. I used framed Christmas silhouettes (hung throughout the tree), mason jars filled with candied fruit, Birds made out of sheet music, cinnamon sticks with dried oranges tied into bundle, and paper rosettes made out of book paper, giving a nod to the trees location...a bookstore. To give the tree a bit more rusticity I finished it off with large burlap bows.
My one claim to fame is that later in the months of December Jane Seymour came to the bookstore for a signing event and to my excitement there she was seated near the tree. My tree had met a famous person! :)
Jane Seymour entering the front doors.....oh, and look.... at the left is the tree
with the staff of the bookstore
the line to see Jane Seymour
There she is signing by my tree

 
If you would like to make your own framed silhouettes here is a link to the Christmas Silhouettes and instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment