Translate

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

"Before" and "8 years After"

Sometimes it's nice to look back and see how far we have come......We live in a world of before and after pictures. Don't get me wrong, I love a good after shot. But, it's easy to loose a sense of reality and begin to think all "after" pictures happen overnight. When in reality budget, time, and energy constraints ARE the reality.
 I, like most people want to make my world more beautiful to live in. A desire to improve upon what I've been given is just who I am. But, there are times when the cost of groceries to feed my kids override the option of spending money on new built ins in the living room. We can't afford to pay a professional landscaper (which is fine I have more fun doing it myself anyway) so bit by bit we put our green thumbs to work. It has taken us 8 years before we could finally stand back and say look what we did/are doing. So while the transformation of our yard didn't happen overnight, like on TV or pinterest. It is an ongoing labor I love! Bring on the before and 8-years-after pictures!
Before
8-years-after 
Before
That sad tree in the middle of the picture died.
8-years-after

The tan pavers I got for free from a neighbor up the street.

Before
8-years-after

I think I need to  plant more hostas around the black planter.
I want them to get big and bushy!

1 comment: