Translate

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Shopping London & Paris

One cannot have a proper vacation unless you.......SHOP! At least that is what I firmly believe. So, our first day in London wouldn't be complete without a visit to .....HARRODS!
 It is the epitome of a London shopping experience. It felt as if there were endless levels to the store. Something that I have only experienced once before.....in a dream. While there, don't forget to visit the food section.....
 and Laduree', the famed French maker of Gourmet sweets.


 Then there was our visit to Liberty of London - a legendary London department store with a cozier feel.

Complete with a level devoted exclusively to just fabrics, sewing, and needlework.


A favorite vignette of my sister's. In Liberty of London's Home furnishing department. Love the sofa with it's beautiful peacock feather patterned upholstery.

There is a lovely little shopping district surrounding Liberty of London. We found the cutest little millinery shop. And of course, being the American that I am, I just had to take a picture.
Then we stumbled upon a quaint little fabric shop with a vintage feel - Cloth House

As touristy as it may be, we had to make a visit to Portobello Road. I must admit I hummed the Disney song from "Bed Knobs and Broomsticks" the whole time we were there.

Sure there were a lot of cheesy souvenir shops, but amongst them are some real retail gems. Like Cath Kidston - the store that I would have gladly spent all my pounds and pence in.

Probably my most favorite retail experience of the entire trip.....click the link above to visit the online store.

While in Paris - If you are a lover of beautiful french ribbons and buttons you have to make a visit to Entree Des Fournisseurs .
 We spent at least 30 min. in the store just trying to figure how to say "will you cut this ribbon for me, please." in French. But my sister succeeded at last! An online visit would be much less stressful. But, look at all the spools and spools of wonderful ribbon!

 So, while your future plans may or may not include a visit to Paris or London, thank the shopping gods above for the internet! I have provided you with the web links to all these stores so you can have a European shopping experience from the comfort of your own home. Happy clicking.


No comments:

Post a Comment