Translate

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, March 7, 2013

I See London....

I will never forget the moment our plane flew in over England (preparing to land at London's Heathrow airport). It looked just as I had imagined many times before....green fields, little cottages with thatched roofs, ant size cars driving on the other side of the road, and then there was the city of London; the Thames, Big Ben, St. Paul's Cathedral, Tower Bridge....... This was a dream come to life.
I don't profess to be an amazing photographer....but here is "my London" (and surrounding areas) as seen through the lens of my camera.


Big Ben, London Eye, and the Hustle & Bustle of the city

We got there just as the clock struck six. The "gong" of the bell ringing in the tower was magical. I felt like I was in the movie Peter Pan

The Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace. They reminded me of the guards from The Wizard of OZ...."Oh-wee-o, Oh-o".



My first glimpse of St. Paul's Cathedral

The Dome of St. Paul's Cathedral

A Private Garden at Notting Hill. The groundskeeper saw us peeking through the gate              and was kind enough to let us in.

The same private garden.

what does this make you think of?



The Streets of Oxford. I love the bicycles lining the sidewalk.


Christ Church Oxford

Christ Church Oxford Grounds

"Snow Drops" in the garden of Jane Austen's house. I had never seen snow drops until my visit to London. They were like little hopes for spring popping up everywhere.

I know I have already posted pictures of this....but I fell in love with this Cemetery and this mausoleum.

A peak at Highclere Castle a.k.a Downton Abbey

  Brompton Cemetery Statue
 I have to admit I got a wee bit emotional (I cried like a baby) leaving England.....I had formed a love struck attachment for that country.....it felt like home.

Next Post: I See France.....

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for our trip! I'm trying to convince Nicola she must come with us when we go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have and awesome time! I'm trying to talk my husband into going back together (hopefully to visit England, Scotland, and Ireland) before our passports expire.

      Delete