Translate

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Happy Chinese New Year!


Now that I have the food planned, time to make some Chinese Lanterns!
I found the cutest paper at Hobby Lobby that inspired our Chinese New Year decorations this year.
I followed the instructions at this link : Paper Lanterns, but then gave it my own special touch.
I began by taking a piece of yellow construction paper, then cut it down to 8 x 12 in size. I rolled the yellow paper length wise into a cylinder. Then smeared the edge with a glue stick to hold it securely in place.

I took the pretty paper and followed the tutorial (at the link I mentioned) to make the exterior of the lantern: Chinese Paper Lanterns

Once the exterior of the lantern was finished I smeared it with a glue stick again and wrapped it around the yellow cylinder. Behold, my cute little lantern....

I made a squaty version too, and used them as lamp shades on my chandelier.

Now we are ready to party and eat hardy! Happy Chinese New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment