Translate

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pumpkin Trellis

Nothing gets me in the Autumnal spirit like picking sugar pumpkins (the pumpkins for pie making) from my garden......fresh pumpkin pie, soup, bread, cookies, and don't forget decorating :) .
In years past the pumpkin vines have gotten so wild that it's like walking through a mine field to get from one end of the garden to the other.
This year I thought I'd try to grow my pumpkins up rather than out. And that is what inspired my little Mother/Son (thought I we could begin working on my son's Wood Working Merit Badge for Scouts) building project, a pumpkin trellis.
The pumpkin plant seems to love it so far, though you do need to guide them in their growth initially.
 I used 1x2 for the entire trellis
Here is the link to instructions I found online: Garden Trellis Tutorial
I liked this plan because it has the ability to lay flat for storage in non gardening months.

Total Cost to build : $6

I think it looks rather cute and my scout apprentice still has all ten fingers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment